Wow... who would have thought that us brits could experience weather like this for so long! I feel like this is some sort of treat for all of us who's jollies have been cancelled due to COVID! I think we can all agree we deserved a bit bit of vitamin D.
Hopefully, by now you have heard how important sunscreen (SPF) is for the overall health and appearance of your skin? If you've just answered no to this question you need to contact me right this second, trust me, you need my help!
Wearing sunscreen every day is a crucial part of your skincare routine, and without it, you are exposing the sensitive skin on your face to unnecessary but certain damage from sun exposure. Did you know even on a cloudy day 80% of the suns rays can still affect our skin! Say WHATT??
Here are 5 reasons why you need SPF in your skincare, NOW!
1. Keeps Complexion Even. Using sunscreen on your face helps to keep your complexion even. Sun damage is one of the many causes of uneven skin tones and daily sun cream helps to prevent those effects.
2. Sun Protection. One of the most obvious and notable benefits of sunscreen is that it protects your skin against the sun’s broad spectrum of harmful UV rays. Sunscreen actually minimises the penetration of UV rays into the skin and the triggering of a variety of skin disorders. Even the mildest of sunburns can have damaging effects so it is important to protect your skin.
3. Helps Protect Against The Visible Signs of Advanced Ageing. We all want youthful, radiant, and healthy looking skin. But overexposure to sunlight can increase the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. In the simplest terms I can muster, using a sunscreen will have you looking younger for longer.
4. Reduces Risk of Cancer. Fortunately, sunscreen is very effective in reducing the risk of developing a variety of skin cancers, especially melanomas. This type of skin cancer is known to be extremely aggressive and can be life-threatening for many women, particularly those in their 20s. However, you must apply sunscreen daily to see the cumulative protection over the days and months.
6. Healthy Skin. It never ceases to amaze me how much people are willing to put their skin through, and then complain about looking aged. Your skin is an organ guys - a living organ that you need to feed and nurture! Essential proteins in the skin like keratin are protected when sunscreen is applied. These proteins are primarily responsible for keeping the skin smooth and healthy both in appearance and function.
Don't be worried about adding a greasy spot-inducing sunscreen into your routine, we have a much simpler answer just below...
Elemis has developed several of their finest products with SPF 30 inside! You would never even know you were wearing it!
The famous and best selling Pro-Collagen Marine Cream now comes in an SPF 30 version, and one of my absolute favourites Daily Defense Sheild, not only does this protect your skin against the sun but harmful environmental aggressors too! You NEED this in your life.
Buy it now and get 3 free Elemis travellers! Message us for more details.